Position: Associate Lawyer
Location: Downtown Toronto (currently working remotely)
Landings LLP is a full-service Refugee, Immigration and Human Rights Law firm. We represent individuals seeking refugee protection, temporary and permanent immigration status in Canada and Canadian citizenship. We also assist individuals and their families when problems arise with their immigration status. In addition, we act for non-government organizations who want legal advice, and we challenge unjust laws and government actions through constitutional litigation. We are often involved in high-profile cases and regularly appear before the Immigration and Refugee Board and all levels of Court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
We are looking for an Associate Lawyer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in immigration and refugee law. This position will involve a combination of litigation work before immigration tribunals and the courts, as well as solicitor work.
The Associate Lawyer will:
- Represent clients at hearings at the Refugee Protection Division, the Immigration Division, and the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board as well as in various courts,
- Represent clients in written legal applications, such as: appeals at the Refugee Appeal Division, Danger Opinions, Pre-Removal Risk Assessment, Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications and Deferral of Removal Applications,
- Analyze complex information and issues relating to immigration, global country conditions, and human rights, legislation and case law in support of applications, and
- Prepare applications in various immigration categories (both economic and non-economic) for submission to Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada.
The ideal candidate:
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of experience in immigration and refugee law, is well-organized, articulate, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. In addition, we are seeking a candidate with the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Analytical and empathetic,
- Ability to manage a high-volume practice,
- Strong time management and organizational skills,
- Juris Doctor (JD) or LL.B degree and called to the Ontario bar.
Landings LLP will consider applications on a rolling basis. Please send your application package (cover letter, resume, and transcripts) to Warda Shazadi Meighen at firstname.lastname@example.org.