Position: Office Coordinator and Intakes Lead
Location: Downtown Toronto (Currently working remotely)
Landings LLP is a full-service Refugee, Immigration and Human Rights Law firm. Landings LLP represents individuals seeking refugee protection, temporary and permanent immigration status in Canada and Canadian citizenship. We also assist individuals and their families when problems arise with their immigration status. In addition, we act for non-government organizations who want legal advice, and we challenge unjust laws and government actions through constitutional litigation. We are often involved in high-profile cases and regularly appear before the Immigration and Refugee Board and all levels of Court, including the Supreme Court of Canada. We seek an Intake Coordinator and Office Assistant to join our growing team of three partners, 3 articling students and 3 law clerks, to support the firm’s case work and office management.
1. Reception: Field inquiries from current and potential clients through phone and email;
2. Intakes: Connect clients with legal services by handling intakes, consultations, and file opening and closing;
3. Maintain administrative systems to keep the office running smoothly (filing, billing, finance, scheduling, calendaring, etc.);
The ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate is supremely well-organized, articulate, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are compassionate, patient and empathetic. You are able to work with people whose first language may not be English, individuals who have experienced trauma or who may have mental health concerns
A demonstrated interest in working with refugees and migrants is an asset. You are detail-oriented and a quick learner. You are a team player and enjoy working collaboratively. You are proactive and follow through on tasks. You know that providing excellent legal services requires clear communication and an organized and efficient office. You are comfortable with new and evolving communications, document-storage and practice management technologies.
Experience or training as a legal assistant or receptionist is an asset.
Responsibilities and tasks
• Managing firm communications including: incoming calls, emails, and faxes
• Coordinating intakes of new consultations and clients
• Opening and closing files
• Assisting with firm finances (including: invoicing, paying disbursements, legal aid billing,
management of day-to-day finances etc.)
• Coordinating the firm’s technology
• Maintaining the firm’s filing system (ensuring that both digital and physical files are complete and well organized)
• Calendaring and scheduling
• Providing support to the lawyers on case preparation and other administrative support to the team, as necessary.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Landings LLP will consider applications on a rolling basis. Please send your resume and covering letter to WShazadiMeighen@landingslaw.com. Only applicants who are offered interviews will be contacted.